Resources and Arts-Related Links
Arts in Education Organizations (local, statewide, regional and national)
- American Alliance for Theatre and Education, a national membership organization that promotes standards of excellence in theatre and theatre education.
- Arts Education Partnership, formerly the Goals 2000 Arts Education Partnership - a national coalition of arts, education, business, philanthropic, and government organizations that promotes the role of the arts in learning and development. Recently published the report Critical Links: Learning in the Arts and Student Academic and Social Development.
- Educational Theater Association, professional organization for teachers of theatre and theatre professionals at all levels.
- Getty Education Institute for the Arts (ArtsEdNet), a program of the J. Paul Getty Trust, the Institute is dedicated to improving arts education in the schools.
- Imagine Mars Project, a national arts, science, and education initiative sponsored by NASA and the National Endowment for the Arts. Building on the successes of the Mars Millennium Project, this site provides simple lesson plans and resources for K-12 students to design a futuristic Mars community. Students explore their own communities and decide which arts, scientific, and cultural elements will be important on Mars.
- Institute of Museum and Library Services, federal agency which funds museums directly so that they may better serve the public through exhibits and educational programs that promote cultural and historic heritage.
- International Network of Performing and Visual Schools, member organization that serves the leaders of specialized arts schools internationally.
- The Kennedy Center's ArtsEdge, linking arts and education through the technology.
- The Kennedy Center Alliance for Arts Education Network. The Partners in Education program of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is designed to assist arts and cultural organizations throughout the nation develop and/or expand educational partnerships with their local school systems. The purpose of the partnerships is the establishment or expansion of professional development programs in the arts for all teachers.
- National Art Education Association, national non-profit organization of professionals of every level involved in arts education.
- National Association for Music Education, national membership organization to advance music education as a profession and ensure that every child in America has access to a balanced high-quality education that includes music as a core subject of study.
- National Dance Education Organization, membership organization which develops and promotes the art of dance through professional development, service, and leadership.
- National Guild of Community Schools for the Arts, service organization that provides direction, technical and artistic assistance, publications, and seed money to state arts centers without arts education.
- National Network for Folk Arts Education, links folklorists, folk artists, and other cultural specialists working in elementary and secondary education.
- North Dakota Department of Public Instruction, state agency responsible for the establishment and maintenance of public schools and related programs, supervision of the North Dakota Schools for the Deaf and Blind, and the State Library.
- North Dakota Arts Alliance/Alliance for Arts Education is a state network dedicated to advocacy for the arts and arts education.
- Prairie Public Broadcasting's Prairie School Television, offers programming and videos that help teach several subjects, including foreign language and the arts.
- Teachers and Writers Collaborative, non-profit organization that brings writers and educators together in collaborations that explore the connections between writing and reading literature and that generate news ideas and materials.
- VSA Arts, international organization that promotes arts education and creative expression involving children and adults with disabilities.
- Young Audiences, national arts organization advocating quality arts education for all children.